Top 4 best plants for purifying the air in your home
Indoor plants serve many purposes from air detoxification to decoration. You should choose your plant based on the benefit you want for your home. Here are some plants that are especially beneficial for their air purification qualities:
Aloe Vera Plants
– While they are more popularly known for their medicinal gel, they are also beneficial for their air purification. They are easy to maintain, while requiring very little space and attention. They grow slowly indoors and are extremely drought resistant as they naturally grow in desert areas that receive very little rain.
– Remember! They need lots of light and very little water, as over watering them is the number one mistake people make when growing an aloe vera plant.
- These trees can grow up to 50 feet tall. For the health of the tree, it’s better to grow it indoors from a very young age to allow it to adapt to indoor life. Rubber trees can flower which adds a bright decorative flair to your home. They need to have adequate drainage when you keep them in a pot.
- Remember! They need bright, but indirect light, such as putting the plant near a window with sheet curtains. If you overwater it, the leaves will turn yellow and fall off. In dormant seasons, it usually needs to be watered only about twice a month.
- There are two varieties of this plant- the tall version and the “bird-nest type” with bold, stiff, dark green leaves. They are similar to a succulent in that they hold large amounts of water in their leaves. Therefore it’s recommended to pot them with heavy soil and a bit of sand. The best way to incorporate this bulky plant into your home décor is to choose a bold colored pot. Bright colors help the beautiful green leaves stand out. This is one of the easiest plants to take care of indoors.
- Remember! They only need water approximately every 2-3 weeks. You can water it more often if you think it’s necessary, but it’s better to water it too little than too much.
- This plant is versatile to be suitable for any outdoor and indoor garden. It does especially well indoors if you have a space with lots of light and you avoid overwatering it. The paddle plant has a bright green and red color that adds a natural pop of color to any home. They are a thick succulent and prefer at least 5 hours of daily sun.
- Remember! They need lots of sun – as much as possible- and very little water. They can be damaged by overwatering as most succulent varieties are.
These plants are all great for any home. They cleanse the air, add decoration and color, and are easy to maintain considering that all of them don’t require too much water and hassle in trimming. You can just enjoy the benefits of owning one or more of the top 4 best plants for purifying the air in your home!